Thursday, April 29, 2010

Africa

When I think of Africa I think of the African slave trade. The people of Africa were discriminated against because they looked different. They were brought to America and other countries to work as free labor. I think that this comes to mind first because this has influenced America's history and I have been learning about this horrible act since I was a little kid.

Africa is a continent but some people view it as one country. I understand this because there are many small countries and they may be hard to distinguish between. Even though I understand this I know that it is wrong. Africa needs to be viewed as an area with many different cultures and independent states.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I've noticed that everyone always says that Africa is a country when it is really a continent with 55 countries in it. Sometimes I make the same mistake also.

    ReplyDelete