Wednesday, April 14, 2010

True Life: I Live in a Terror Zone

The individual that stood out the most to me was Samah, a Palestinian woman. She just lives her life in fear. She obeyes the curfew and only sees the world through a window. I don't think that this is any way to live. I think that if I was in this situation I would be more like Tal. He is in the Israeli army and is fighting to keep his family safe. He is doing something to help his situation instead of just staying home.

In America we are given many rights as citizens. We are able to leave our homes and not live in fear of being attacked. As an American citizen I feel safe from terrorist attacks for the most part. People living in Israel live in fear on a daily basis. They could be killed at any moment. The Palestinian people do not have the right to have identification. In the United States everyone must have ID on them. This is a right we have as citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment